Commenter "CLF" left this in the comment thread following a post I found at Raw Story. A nice neat encapsulation of the crap these fuckwads are still trying to sell.
So let me see if I got this straight:
1) The GOP “analyzes” the Dem Econ Stimulus Package using an early and incomplete version of a CBO report.
2) They go on National TV and claim that the Congressional Budget Office showed that the DESP would fail.
3) Every reputable Economist acknowledges spending will have twice the job creation of tax cuts, not withstanding a few Cato institute cretins and Chicago “I forgot Econ 101’s lesson that money has velocity” professors.
4) They telegraph that their strategy is to claim Obama fails in 6 months. They also hail ‘bipartisanship’ and then…
5) Vote in mass against the DESP claiming tax relief is more effective than gov’t spending at job creation, that condom makers don’t employ people, and pregnancy doesn’t impose a cost on families…
6) The MSM accidentally catches them with no clue as to what to do for recovery.
7) So the GOP leadership puts together their one-note-Johnny-off-key-but-we’re-not-listening refrain of “Let’s lower taxes” as a stimulus package.
8) Only the tax ‘relief’ doesn’t work but instead raises taxes.
That’s the modern GOP for you: So incompetent and dishonest it takes a spreadsheet to keep track of the lies and ineptitude.
Posted by: CLF | January 30th, 2009 at 06:47 pm
After eight years of authoring disaster and destruction on a scale only dreamed of during Newtie and the Blowhards reign of error, following the Raygun-Bush years of VooDoo economics, why change?