Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So what did we learn this morning? UPDATED

Geez. What are those morons thinking.

I swear "Morning Joe," must be run by a bunch of perpetual teenagers. Scar running off to shop online during a commercial break and coming back late. Mika taking cell phone calls during the show. Courtney Hazlett... they're still trying to figure out how to make her look less squirrely. This time it was glasses.

The woman looks like a fucking squirrel, you morons. With her cheeks chock full of acorns. Short of some major surgery to rearrange her face and jaw, that's just the way it is.

Erin Burnett is still hot enough to make me keep watching though.

UPDATE:

I found it fascinating to hear Erin talk about Goldman Sachs. I'm not sure of the long term significance, (and it sounded like neither was she) but she seems to believe that Sachs will no longer exist in its/their present form. I heard similar things in the past few days regarding Sachs, Citicorp or both, I can't remember. Apparently, Sachs has reached the end of their ability to leverage funds. Basically, they're out of smoke and mirrors. It was kind of strange listening and watching her, as if there were things she wanted to say, but couldn't. Because they were opinions, not facts? because they could have been construed as financial advice and would have opened her up to liabilities? Because she was shocked into silence?

I don't know, but I'm betting on the last. I think she's sitting on a bombshell like say.... Sachs is going to become some sort of de facto Federal Reserve. "THE" national bank of the US.

Makes sense, in a "safe suspicion" sort of way. Paulson's a Sachs boy; he's the Fed Chairman; he's hiding the truth about where he's spending our billions. We know that shitloads are going to those who owe Sachs, but we don't know how much.

Just curious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are such gluttons for punishment, aren't we? I turn it on every morning.

Chris in Seattle said...

Yeah, I suppose we are. Like train wreck rubberneckers. But hey... Don't you think Erin Burnett is hot? Tell the truth: You'd do her.