Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What a Wastoid

I should apologize to the fine folks at Crooks and Liars, who gave me a super gift by plugging my blog on Sunday. Virtually anyone in my blogroll would have been far more deserving than I. I also want to apologize to all those who stopped by and were totally underwhelmed by either the quality or quantity of content here. I mean, Thank You for coming, but I'm sorry I didn't bake a cake or anything. All right... I can't bake, but I can grill and I could have rotisseried a chicken for you with what turned out to be an excellent Creole rub, taken from the Barbecue Bible:

3 tbs Paprika
2 tbs Salt
1 tbs Garlic Powder
1 tbs Onion Powder
1 tbs Black Pepper
1 tbs Cayenne Pepper
1 tbs Dried Oregano
1 tbs Thyme

I only used half the pepper called for and substituted white pepper for the black (which the wife doesn't really like). It could have been a tad bit hotter for my taste, but the wife, Ms Thing and the grandmonster all liked it. I think the M-I-L liked it too, but if I asked her, she won't remember. Oh well. One thing I was tempted to add was a tbs of ground cumin. Any way...

Try it. Then go buy the book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I enjoyed your humorous and insightful postings and have added you to my fav's list as a result of the great tip from c&l. I'll stop to see you from time to time. Maybe even try that recipe but, I'm on a low carb diet so there's no need to bake any cakes.

JD