Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some Things Never Change

Because they can't.

The topic at one of my meetings a few weeks ago, was the idea of, "Principles before personalities," and what it meant to us in terms of our recovery. A lot of ideas ran through my head, even though I said nothing. Saluting the uniform, not the man. Respecting the office, not the officer.

I never served in a branch of the armed forces, so I don't know how much time I might have served in a brig for rolling my eyes or snorting as I saluted -- or didn't -- some "90 day wonder." Obviously I don't agree with respecting an office, regardless of the qualities -- or lack thereof -- of the person, or this blog would not exist. Duh.

However, personalities, people will inevitably disappoint. Principles, proven principles, not notions, superstitions, old wives tales or Foxtard opinions, are absolute. So the idea of putting your faith in principles, rather than people is one with which I agree.

With that in mind, this blog will not become another alter for the worship of all things Obama. Water carrier, rubber stamp, echo chamber master... uh uh. Ain't happening.

Tax cuts. Fuck 'em. They didn't work "then."



They won't work now. Thank you Mr Horsey.

And no thank you, John McCain, whose solution to this Bush-shit is to make the tax cuts permanent, cut business taxes and the payroll tax (which funds social security, the last remnant of the New Deal) etc. No thank you John Boner who says we can't borrow and spend our way to prosperity. Like you and Bush tried? For the past 8 years? And Reagan before you? And George the First?

What is it about these people? And the people who vote for them? Are they blind? Crazy? Or just plain fucking stupid? ??? They act like brainwashed cult members.

Snuffalupulous: Where was he this morning? I missed him and he had Nancy and her grammy tits on.

2 comments:

lisahgolden said...

You silly goose! You don't believe in tax cuts for the rich? What do you mean - you've noted that it didn't stimulate the economy in the last 8 years? I'm shocked.

Glad to see you're as full of healthy skepticism as ever. I never doubted it for a second.

Chris in Seattle said...

Yeah, shame on me: Bad cultist; no doughnut. Actually, tax cuts did stimulate the economy. Of China.

I take your comment and confidence as a compliment. Thank you. I couldn't even give a free pass to DK.