Saturday, February 9, 2008

Doing Some Catch-Up

Last weekend was pretty cool in some ways. We had both the Schtooper Bowl and Blogroll Amnesty Day. But in another way, last weekend was definately not cool: Saturday was -- there's no real graceful way to say it -- The last day of my mother-in-law's life.

Death is most always a bummer, but it can also be a relief in some ways. I will miss my MIL as she was always at the very least tolerant of me, if not always nice. The problem, as with most people when they age, was her health. She has a variety of physical ailments, that I'll not get into except to say that she inspired me to finally quit smoking -- I have not smoked since mid-August.

Probably her worst/most problematic ailment was her dementia. In her final days, she literally did not always know where she lived or who those were who were around her. It was very sad, and for my wife who took care of her, very frustrating.

I can only, at best, imagine how frustrating it must have been for my MIL. So...

As of Saturday, February 2, 2008, Elizabeth O Scott resides where the leaves don't need to be raked, standard Poodles don't need to be hoisted onto tables to be clipped, and weeds, if they appear at all, pull easily.

No comments: