Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Plundering of My Virginity or...

I did my first caucus yesterday. Whoopty Fuckin' Do. My precinct shook out pretty much like the whole state did. Of our six alloted delegates, we sent 4 for Barack and 2 for Hillary. I did have some thoughts about being a hard core undecided and maybe that way move along in the process and get to inject an issue or two, like say TRUE universal health care as opposed to the Faux brands out there in Mittsachussetts. Mandated/forced coverage is NOT universal. When it comes time to choose between food on the table or an insurance card in your pocket, people WILL choose to eat, and risk the fines imposed. Kucinich and Edwards had the best ideas, but as I've cried before, they're gone. Anyway...

I went with Barack.

Even though he's incredibly naive, thinking Refuck/conservative/corporate entities actually have any intent of cooperating or agreeing to anything but their ideas lock, stock and barrel.

I hope he proves me wrong. He is after all a very inspiring speaker. Maybe he'll be able to convince some of them that there is an entity out their more important than themselves. That would be the country... this one... the USA... and that perhaps giving up and giving back just a wee tad bit of their amassed fortune for the benefit of that country will in the end return to them with interest. Hop on my knee... story time..:

A couple of weeks before my mother in law's last, we had a guy at work come down with viral spinal meningitis. Now it's viral,so anti-biotics don't do shit for you. You just gotta ride it out. Well, we do have insurance, through the company/union, but we don't have sick days. So... the Mother fucker has to come to work sick, cuzz he can't afford to stay home and get better. LUCkily no one else came down with it, but a couple of us came down with nasty-assed-fucking colds that may have been weakened versions or related somehow. I missed 3 days, and my MIL is gone.

Because Morons like the Republican -- the other brother in law -- and his ilk, believe that ANYthing that goes to benefit the 90% that's in charge of 10% of the country's wealth, is a hand out -- although he's always looking for ways to get his meds for free, huh..? -- we lose shit loads of man hours and productivity because of secondary illnesses. Illness spread by people who can't afford to stay home and get better. Whoa....

oh yeah... caucuses...

Like I say, it was a first for me. Fairly simple really. We started out with 9 out of 72 people being undecided, but in the end they all declared. I think they went about 7-2 or 8-1 Obama. Then we chose real people to be delegates and alternates, with no whining, crying, pissing or moaning actually. A couple of people who offered themselves stepped back to allow some who reeeeeeeeally wanted the positions. Since I was going for the lesser evil, I could not, did not, try to become a delegate. There's a second round of caucuses in the next few weeks to choose delegates to the statewide convention, where they will then choose the delegates that move on the the national convention.

Did I mention that in the meantime we will also have a primary, complete with ballots and Diebold readers. Supposedly don't mean fuckall, but we're having it. Maybe I'll go cast a vote for Kucinich. Several of us actually bounced the idea around. What everrrrr...

All told, it took about 1 1/2 hours of my boob tubin' time that I'll never ever get back, butcha gotta do whatcha gotta do to try to bring some sanity back to the world, eh?

Saw some cuties I didn't know lived in the neighborhood too.

2 comments:

billie said...

did the cuties vote? :) i would say that we need to focus people not just on america- but trying to bring sanity to the whole world. you don't honestly think that the neocons came up with this grand scheme all by their onesies do ya? it's old white man money from around the world. this country is simply one in the world to plunder- and if we think differently- well, here we are. i voted for obama because i knew my state- new york- would go for hillary. sigh. i desperately wanted to pull the lever- yep no diebolds for us- for kucinich but i wasn't going to 'waste' my vote.

Chris in Seattle said...

Not sure if the cuties became delegates or alternates, but they did vote.