Saturday, July 28, 2007

BOHICA folks

I have yet to ever listen to one of Dubya's weekend radio addresses. I don't know what, if any, local station carries them, and I don't care to find out. I go through this tearing of emotions: On the one hand I don't believe he has anything worthwhile to say; on the other hand it's important to keep up with what he plans to fuck up from day to day. Regardless of my mood, I usually can't listen or watch him for more than two to three minutes before I'm screaming and cursing (literally) at what a piece of shit he is. As much as I want to take a baseball bat to his head to get rid of that god damned smirk, there's a reason he wears it:

He knows he's lying virtually every time he speaks; he knows we know he's lying; he knows that we know that he knows we know; he doesn't give a fuck, because he knows he'll get away with it.

While doing my weekly, weekend catch up, I came across Glenn Greenwald's advanced copy of this weekend's address. Gizz Whiz wants to modernize FISA. Great. Ignoring the fact -- for now -- that he wants to legalize his crimes, the fact that he wants to push this through before Congress goes on break, takes me back to the initial passing of the unpatriot act, when he took his first major steps toward becoming dictator. I'll give credit where credit is due: somewhere there's a pretty good speech writer who laid out some fairly logical points. However, said writer fell asleep at the wheel and allowed this point to get in there:

Second, it seeks to restore FISA to its original focus on protecting the privacy interests of people inside the United States, so we don't have to obtain court orders to effectively collect foreign intelligence about foreign targets located in foreign locations.


Whoa. Run that by me again? The origional focus of FISA needs to be restored? Who fucked it up in the first place? (Don't answer; I know they'll say Clinton.) It doesn't presently protect our privacy interests? I thought the FISA court guaranteed that. Ahhhhh.... but he doesn't want to have to get court orders. As many times as I read this, I cannot wrap my head around it. Maybe that's a good thing; a sign my brain still works.

Anyone with a brain that's been functioning for the past six years has to realize that he'll just do whatever the fuck he wants, no matter how the law might be rewritten. He's lied about his actions before, and I have no illusions of him growing a conscience. He wants to tap our phones; he wants to read our e-mails. He's more interested in our moves than in any moves of any suspected terrorists. BEFORE 9-11 we had a shortage of people in our intelligence agencies who spoke Arabic, Farsi, and other critical languages, and he's fired many of the few we had because they were gay or of some wrong political stripe. More information, means more backlog. He wants information on US, not them.

How this Mo-Fo can say shit like this.... time to take a chill pill. Or get out the baseball bat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think Bush's FISA shenanigans are most frightening. I see myself driving to school. Then I am surrounded by multiple black Ford Sedans. Stopped for being white, Jewish, liberal, intelligent, caring about kids and thinking Bush is dangerous.

So instead of drinking to excess I fire up my Ipod and listen to this podcast:
Weekly Radio Address.

or on Itunes.