Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Gonzo: Mr Fix-it

So Alberto's going to stick around to fix the problems with the DoJ, eh? When's he going to own up to the fact that he IS the problem? I'm not amazed any more by the arrogance of these bastards. The idea that they can offer up such bullshit without question or opposition.

I remember the hearings when he was nominated by his former DUI client. Ted Kennedy was asking him about his torture memo, wanting to know Gonzo's views: Did he write it himself? Did he believe it? Gonzo never did answer his questions directly, surprise, surprise. No, he danced around them, talking about how they were no longer operating under the guidelines of that memo, but under those of another newer one. I kept waiting for Ted to scream at him to, "Answer the Fucking question!" but he never did.

I didn't like Gonzo then, and I don't like him now. And not simply because he's W's boy. I have to wonder if he's ever answered a question honestly in his life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And his smirky, smart-alecky little half-smile, I've got one over on you attitude is enough to make me want to slap him hard and take away his Gameboy.

Jess Wundrun said...

Chris, I am tagging you.